Director of Operations - Waldorf Astoria Xiamen
About the Job
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A Director of Operations – Waldorf Astoria Xiamen is responsible for the effective operational management of the hotel for Heads of Departments to achieve and exceed their revenue and guest satisfaction targets.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Operations – Waldorf Astoria Xiamen, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Work in conjunction with the General Manager / Area General Manager to actively manage key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short-term and long-term strategic goals.
- Provide effective leadership to the hotel management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Comply and exceed hotel and company service standards.
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analyzed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate action.
- Manage and develop the Heads of Departments (HODs) to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company.
- Seek and respond to guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Hold regular briefings and communication meetings with the HOD team.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Operations – Waldorf Astoria Xiamen serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you must possess the following qualifications, attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage or Rooms Management.
- Experienced in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results.
- In-depth knowledge of the hotel / leisure / service sector.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets.
- Accountable and resilient.
- Able to work under pressure.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledgeable of hotel property management systems.
- Previous experience in the same or similar role.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!