Director of Finance
About the Job
A Director of Finance will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Finance, you will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible:
- Ensure that Finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports
- Work with the Finance Managers/General/Hotel Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the General/Hotel Manager and/or Accounting and Finance Departments
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency
- Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Lead monthly finance update meetings with General Manager/Hotel team
- Comply with Hilton policies and procedures across the area, maximising performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Review regularly the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all cluster hotels controlled accounts and explain all balances even if reconciled elsewhere
- Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
What are we looking for?
A Director of Finance serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, specially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with the PeopleSoft system
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!