Director of Finance - DoubleTree by Hilton Quzhou
About the Job
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Director of Finance – DoubleTree by Hilton Qidong will lead the Finance department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed, to optimize the hotel’s profitability.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Finance – DoubleTree by Hilton Qidong, you will be responsible to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure that the Finance teams provide month-end closing and all other required management reports.
- Work with the Finance Managers / General Manager / Hotel Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel.
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the General Manager / Hotel Manager and / or Accounting and Finance departments.
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures, continually review the process and procedures to maximize impact and efficiency.
- Ensure that the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel.
- Lead monthly finance update meetings with the General Manager / hotel team.
- Comply with Hilton policies and procedures across the area, maximizing performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required.
- Review regularly the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all cluster hotels’ controlled accounts and explain all balances even if reconciled elsewhere.
- Assist Head of Departments to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations.
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Finance – DoubleTree by Hilton Qidong serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good organizing and planning skills, and the ability to prioritize
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with the PeopleSoft system
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!