Join the Hilton Pre-Opening Team as Commercial Manager and be a Part of the Excitement in the Portuguese Azores!
Are you ready to embark on a new adventure in the breathtaking Azores Islands? Hilton is thrilled to announce the debut of the
DoubleTree by Hilton Lagoa Azores
as part of the Iberian Peninsula, set to open its doors in Q2, 2024. Nestled in the heart of Sao Miguel Island, this 101-bedroom, new build property promises an extraordinary experience for both guests and Team Members alike.
Imagine working for the
#1 World's Best Workplace
in a place where you're surrounded by spectacular scenery, pristine beaches, and world-class golf courses - all within 45 minutes of the hotel. This is your opportunity to be part of the Hilton legacy in one of the most picturesque islands in the world.
This is your chance! We are currently recruiting for our pre-opening Team, including a Commercial Manager.
As Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for the overall strategic management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with senior team members, in particular the General Manager, Director of Operations, Operations Manager, Director of Finance, Finance Manager, Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Manager. This role provides support and advice to the General Manager in strategic planning and overall business goals relating to business development issues of the brand and the hotel, protecting and guarding corporate standards, brand integrity and hotel image.
What will I be doing?
As the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the General Manager to complete all work related to revenue and marketing of the hotel, completing work assigned by the General Manager.
- Responsible for the management of Sales, Banquet Sales, Revenue Management, Reservations, and marketing communications.
- Lead the hotel business team to achieve relevant key indicators, including but not limited to managing the hotel's continued profitability, ensuring the hotel's revenue and profit, and guest satisfaction to meet or exceed the standard requirements.
- Develop the hotel's annual / quarterly / monthly budget forecast and work plans, implementing them effectively.
- Participate in developing and implementing hotel and departmental policies and regulations.
- Develop marketing strategies and promotion plans to adjust to the market situation in real time.
- Supervise and drive the progress and implementation of marketing plans.
- Set clear objectives for business development, implement personal skill development, performance review trainings and other trainings.
- Monitor and evaluate current initiated marketing activities and market dynamics.
- Manage the internal operation of the department to ensure that the fixed assets and operational items of the department are well maintained.
- Conduct regular market research and obtain information about competitors.
- Set pricing strategies and sales targets for the hotel.
- Manage special projects and other related businesses.
- Ensure efficient use of departmental resources.
- Manage human resources within the department, including selection of recruiters, training of department staff, team building, employee performance evaluation, etc.
- Ensure that department staff are clear about the responsibilities assigned to them.
- Take immediate corrective action when the interests of the department or hotel are jeopardized.
- Manage customer relations and services, including customer needs, product and service knowledge, sales effectiveness, communication skills and customer feedback.
- Manage departmental expenses and budgets.
- Prepare a forecast of the department's monthly expenses and submit it to the hotel on the scheduled date.
- Control departmental costs in accordance with hotel policies to avoid waste.
- Ensure that all system related revenue data are accurate and in full compliance with Hilton International standards.
- Ensure the filing of departmental documents and related information.
- Maintain communication with all operating departments within the group to maximize sales opportunities.
- Promote hotels in relevant industries at home and abroad.
- Actively participate in sales activities initiated by Hilton.
- Organize promotional trips for target markets.
- Maintain good relationship and communication with target markets at home and abroad.
- Respond to demands, adjust, and perform any reasonable tasks and additional responsibilities as directed by the hotel, industry and company.
- Adhere to hotel safety policies, emergency rules and procedures.
- Ensure employees fully understand and follow the contents of the employee handbook.
- The department reserves the right to change or supplement the job description if necessary.
- Perform any other reasonable duties assigned.
What are we looking for?
As Commercial Manager, you will be serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Hospitality: Volunteer to provide unparalleled hospitality.
- Integrity: Do what you should do all the time.
- Leadership: Strive to be a leader in both your industry and your community.
- Teamwork: Actively promote teamwork spirit in all work.
- Ownership: take responsibility for your actions and make decisions.
- Now: Operate with urgency and discipline.
Next you bring the following elements to the role and our Team:
- Relevant experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels.
- Excellent command of written and spoken in English and Portuguese language to meet business needs.
- Determine overall business development objectives and initiatives best suited for the hotel.
- Produce and execute business development budgets and business plans.
- Effectively promote and position the brand and the hotel at their desired level.
- Manage and administrate the Business Development department.
- Assist the General Manager and the Executive Committee in achieving the hotel's business objectives and revenue goals.
- Knowledgeable of market trends and behaviours, including political, economic and social issues.
- Good communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Able to lead, provide guidance and develop team members, managing by example.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in crisis management.
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World's Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton Team Member Travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members' unique perspectives and voices-along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners-to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it's like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#wearehilton #doubletreebyhiltonlagoa #preopening