With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Assistant Sales Manager handles groups less than 10 guestrooms, as well as the in-house catering. He / she implements all sales activities and maximizes business opportunities in his / her specific area of responsibility, under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales in coordination with the Commercial Director.
What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Sales Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Implement all sales action plans related to the respective market (by segment and geographical locations) as outlined in the Marketing plan.
• Actively participate in achieving departmental goals which contribute to the Marketing budget.
• Closely monitor account revenue and business production for Corporate / FIT / M. I. C.E. accounts.
• Maximize up-selling opportunities whenever possible.
• Assist the Senior Sales Manager and Director of Sales (DOS) in the forecasting of rooms revenue and ATR for Corporate / FIT / M.I.C.E. / LSG (Long Staying Guests) groups.
• Attend major travel functions and promotional events (i.e. trade shows), promoting sales (rooms, catering, and other facilities and services) for the hotel.
• Plan sales trips, under the direct approval of the Senior Sales Manager, Director of Sales or Director of Business Development, to major market areas, calling on accounts within the specific market areas.
• Report to the Senior Sales Manager / Director of Sales on potential markets needing coverage.
• Secure information of competitors, such as rates, top accounts and productions, rooms, F&B and events, reporting to the DOS regularly.
• Work together and communicate closely with the Banquet Sales team to keep updated with client relationships and overall business goals through regular entertainment and activities.
• Meet and welcome top key accounts, group organizers and VIP guests upon check-in.
• Take responsibility to conduct hotel inspection for all walk-ins, meeting group and contracted clients and planning next steps for future follow-ups.
• Maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel in major market areas through direct sales, telephone calls, fax, and written communications.
• Negotiate with accounts on banquet, outside catering events, coordinating with the Banquet department and following-up with revisions.
• Maintain close communication with the Banquet Sales team in the negotiation process of their accounts.
• Develop increased room nights as well as banquet revenue.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Sales Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• University graduate.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English to meet business needs.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Team player with hotel sales experience and hotel database.
• Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Very familiar with the local market and good at marketing trend analysis.
• Good organization and presentation skills.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!