Assistant Director of Finance - Hilton Hawaiian Village
About the Job
An Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of all financial operations of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Director of Finance, you would be responsible to supervise and oversee the operation of the Finance department, with specific responsibility for General Cashier, Teants, Credit, Accounts Receivable, Master Accounts, Revenue Reporting and Daily Report sections. Assist with month-end closing, GL reconciliations and forecasting. Responsible for the Finance department in the absence of the Regional Director of Finance.
- Supervises Accounting Clerks, assigns tasks and provides guidance as needed.
- Prepares monthly forecast and oversees analysis of variance reports and reviews for accuracy.
- Assists the Regional Director of Finance with projects as assigned.
- Assists with month-end closing to include posting of assigned journals, reviewing journals, prepared by Staff Accountants and Accounting Clerks and reviewing the P&L.
- Assists the Regional Director of Finance in peer review audits of other Hawaii properties and with corporate/owner audits.
- Repsonsible for ensuring Finance is compliant with all internal controls including SOX
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and review reconciliations prepared by Staff Accountants.
- Assist in training and mentoring of Staff Accountants
- Set Up OnQ Front Desk Access in Database Maintenance and Product Codes through Metadata Request Forms
- Attend weekly Labor Management meeting and assist in the absence of the LMS Analyst
- Prepare year-end Tip Allocation Report, Year-End Disclosure Pack and Quarterly User Access Audits.
- Prepare and file the monthly General Excise Tax and Transient Accommodations Tax and the Real Property Taxes.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have 5 years experience in Accounting. Experience in hotel accounting environment, preferably in a unionized hotel preferred. Successful candidate will also have four year college degree in Accounting with emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Business Management.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!