About the Job
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The all-new, vibrant ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it’s an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it’s where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili‘uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke‘alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
The Rooms Manager is responsible for assisting in management of Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Security, Communications, Reservations in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and developing managers and employees.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Rooms Division personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP's.
- Assist in preparing and conducting all Rooms Division interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel SOP's. Actively support Human Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division personnel.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Rooms division managers. Monitor completion of the Service Standards by Position Training Checklists for hourly staff.
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms revenue.
- Tour Rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and soliciting feedback.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in maximizing room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Assist in completing the monthly reforecast.
- Monitor and support the corporate Guest Recognition Program.
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit, using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Highgate Hotel SOP’s in Rooms and Loss Prevention.
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Attend weekly Rooms Division meeting.
- Perform Rooms Managers’ performance reviews according to Highgate Hotel SOP, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and ensure budgeted productivity.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of their need areas.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Highgate Hotel SOP's in its use.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.