On Call Banquet Server
About the Job
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah’s Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend.
The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
- Set all tables according to hotel standards.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
- Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.