Lounge Server - The Westin Las Vegas
About the Job
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Lounge Server is expected to provide timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
- Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
- Welcome guests, take their drink orders relay order to bartender, process order, deliver order to guest and receive payment for order.
- Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
- Process credit card and room charges.
- Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return glasses to be washed.
- Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
- Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report for night audit.
- Perform all side work duties according to the schedule.
- Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
- Be familiar with the computer system.
- Help the bartender prepare drinks when needed.
- Assist bartender with hors d’oeuvres tables for cocktail hour in set up and breakdown.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.