Cocktail Server - St. Cloud Rooftop
About the Job
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Edging the bright lights of Broadway and the calm of Bryant Park, The Knickerbocker is a legendary New York landmark reborn as the first luxury hotel in Times Square. Filled with fabled legends, The Knickerbocker once played host to legendary political bigwigs, actresses, oil tycoons and sports figures—and it’s rumored the martini was invented here in the hotel. While historic details like the hotel’s gorgeous Beaux-Arts facade remain unchanged, a soothing new luxury aesthetic is offered within. The stunning transformation of this treasured Manhattan monument invites discerning travelers to discover 300 luxe guestrooms and suites boasting incredible views and bespoke furnishings. An air of posh authenticity embraces New York City’s premier luxury lifestyle hotel.
The Outlet Server is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while carrying full trays of food & beverages.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.