Cocktail Server - Renaissance Hotel
About the Job
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
As the largest smoke-free, non-gaming hotel in Las Vegas, the 548-room Renaissance is a fresh, welcoming alternative for business and leisure travelers. Sleek and stylish, the hotel delivers modern design and sophisticated details throughout their guest rooms, social venues and the signature restaurant, ENVY Steakhouse. The hotel offers exciting programming including 50-minute fitness classes, Kona Craft Beer, and an in-room amenity upon arrival, all complimentary to the guest.
The Cocktail Server is expected to provide timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is responsible for promotion of specials and up selling. The Cocktail server is also responsible for setting up their stations including opening, running, and closing-sidework. He/she must have an in-depth knowledge of all standard mixed drinks, shots, beer products and different levels of spirits available at the bar. As a Cocktail server you are responsible for the entire room and shall serve any person who is looking to be served, even if assigned a section as your primary focus. This individual must be a team player and willing to work well with others.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Complete opening/closing checklist according to standards.
- Welcome guests, take their drink orders relay order to bartender, properly and effectively use a POS system, process orders, deliver orders to guest and receive payment for orders.
- Responsible for promotion of specials and up selling.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of all standard mixed drinks, shots, beer products and different levels of spirits available at the bar
- Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink.
- Process credit card charges.
- Clear and clean tables when guests leave, return glasses to be washed.
- Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
- Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report for night audit.
- Perform all side work duties according to the schedule.
- Full knowledge of state liquor laws.
- Help the bartender prepare drinks when needed.
- Assist bartender with hors d’oeuvres tables for cocktail hour in set up and breakdown.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Will have the ability to pass recipe and alcohol knowledge tests with a 90% or above on a quarterly basis for training.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws
- A min. of 2 years of high volume cocktail or full restaurant service experience
- Must obtain a Liquor Commission Card prior to first day of training.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities.