Area Talent Acquisition Specialist - International
About the Job
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
24 North Hotel is Key West’s answer to casual-resort luxury offering guests a genuine island experience. Set at the entry point of Key West on North Roosevelt Boulevard the hotel is convenient to the island's best attractions including Old Town, Duval Street, Mallory Square, Smathers Beach and the Hemingway House. With 145 guest rooms (including 8 suites), views of the gulf, and a lively pool scene, guests can embrace Key West culture while staying in a modern and hip hotel.
This position is primarily responsible for the recruitment, selection and onboarding of International staff members, part of the J1 and H2b and program. Partnering with Alliance Abroad, the International Trainee Network (ITN), Enlace International, USA Resort Leaders, Global Monday and other private programs, the International Recruiter is responsible for organizing and maintaining these working relationships.
The Talent Acquisition Manager-International maintains contacts within the community and may travel, often internationally, to conduct interviews with promising job applicants. This person must be thoroughly familiar with the organization and its personnel policies to discuss wages and working conditions. This person maintains up-to-date knowledge of current legal requirements and government regulations.
This position will recruit for the Key West market.
- Process, coordinate and issue all visa documents for incoming exchange visitors
- Verify J-1 visa compliant health insurance coverage for Exchange Visitors
- Facilitate J-1 Visa Registration and validate Exchange Visitors’ participation Oversee the J-1 process for program participants, including pre-arrival materials, answering inquires, providing travel validation, processing extensions and early departures
- Document process and procedures in user friendly guide/manual and conduct yearly review to ensure its continued accuracy and effectiveness
- Prepare and lead J-1 Visa Orientations each semester as well as pre-arrival webinars
- Maintain the host agency database for J-1 participants
- Coordinating petition to include job description, prevailing wage determination, property needs assessment, property seasonality in partnership with approved legal counsel.
- Recruitment of program participants to include, application, interview and selection of candidates
- Adhering to strict program deadlines and tracking of associate document submissions and requirements
- Identify and secure associate housing based on property anticipated needs assessment which might include, furnishings and accommodation purchases, maintaining housing and/or lease agreements, accepting housing deposits, assignment of room lists, and ensuring monthly rental payments are secured.
- Serving as the primary liaison to facilitate program for individual property, associate and sponsor agencies as well as visa compliance and maintenance of J1/H2B and Intern Students
- Arranging arrival/departure transportation for students
- Providing advisement and support to J1/H2B and Intern students
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation for International Labor group either while on travel to the location or when they arrive in large groups. Assists with the completion of all new hire paperwork, ensuring all identification/Visa, etc. are up to date.
- Schedules trips to the Social Security Administration in a timely manner for all employees to apply for a Social Security number.
- Maintaining positive relationships with J1/H2B sponsor agencies
- Conducting pre-departure orientation(s) and reconnection sessions for participants
- Coordinating special cultural events to expose students to activities that promote exposure and interchange between our employees and Americans that will increase their understanding of each other's society, culture, and institutions.
- Managing student portal for application, and processing of inbound international program participants
- Assists in filing workers compensation insurance claims for International Labor staff.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues for the international workforce.
- Manages the associate housing process to include:
- Identifying and securing appropriate associate housing
- Manages all leases and paperwork related to employee housing.
- Tracks employee housing occupancy and revenue (ongoing), assigning roommates and/or room moves, while continually communicating all to the Housing Superintendent.
- Actively creates and maintains a spreadsheet of rent, deposits and refunds and submits to the Payroll Coordinator bi-weekly.
Education & Experience:
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree; 2 year’s related work experience; Human Resources/ Customer Service experience.
- Experience with J-1/H2B Visa processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry with minimal errors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and around deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns raised by employees
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be able to maint confidentiality of information
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating operational needs
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.