Healthcare System Executive - Oncology - Eastern US
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Dedicated account leader responsible for ensuring continuous Thermo Fisher NGS business growth and partnership with Healthcare Systems. As a member of a cross-functional account team, the individual will coordinate and execute a strategy to communicate the value of NGS Oncology testing to stakeholders throughout target organizations. The individual is responsible for maximizing the strategic business relationships at an executive level by aligning the customer’s mission and strategic goals with successful utilization of current and future Thermo Fisher NGS technology and services.
How will you make an impact?
The Healthcare System Executive (Sr. Account Manager) is responsible for working with Executives of Healthcare System customers (hospitals, large healthcare organizations, healthcare systems) to educate and drive awareness of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s NGS Oncology portfolio and align the Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division’s (CSD) mission and goals to the healthcare systems goals. They will support overall growth in healthcare system accounts, with a focus on Oncology business. Where such growth opportunities exist, the role will act as the primary liaison between the customer and CSD Commercial personnel.
This position is remote based and will cover the Eastern part of the United States
What will you do?
- Develop the strategy and the tactics to increase utilization at the Healthcare systems, focusing on large healthcare systems and regional hospital systems.
- Persuasively articulate the clinical and economic case for NGS Oncology testing at the highest executive levels within these institutions and to have a working knowledge of the dynamics of healthcare delivery, while working closely with the Oncology commercial team and medical affairs.
- Understand the dynamics of healthcare delivery as it relates to creating open reimbursement access for laboratory developed testing(including knowledge of the healthcare systems, hospitals, laboratory providers, payers, key players, influencers/thought leaders in the medical community) while working closely with the CSD reimbursement specialist
- Understand and effectively articulate our compelling business case and economic value proposition to our customers within IDNs, GPOs, regional healthcare systems, providers, payers, and hospital laboratories.
- Lead and support commercial team and “own” the tactical plan to implement and drive new NGS placements within the assigned customer portfolio.
- Partner with Oncology Sales Development Specialists (OSD) and Manager to execute on the Health System account initiatives once commitment is received.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Oncology Assay Specialist (COA) and Manager , to identify and execute on new opportunities for growth at current Healthcare system accounts (e.g. menu expansion)
- Develop and cultivate advocacy to drive sales and market growth collaborating with established customer assignment.
- Provide business insight and value to retain customer and enhance customer relationships while building KOL’s.
- Participate in district meetings for training purposes, product information updates, and sharing field intelligence information.
- Assist with growth and development of the sales team by providing training, guidance & assistance as needed.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in business (or healthcare related field) - required
- 7+ years successful experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or medical diagnostic sales and/or sales management – required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A detailed understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a thorough understanding of healthcare finance/accounting and provider/payer economics;
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively and in matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic Selling and complex selling skills
- Must have superior listening skills, a genuine customer focus, and demonstrated ability to engage and influence customers at the executive level.
- Must be able to effectively strategize both independently and collaboratively to develop plans to maximize pull through sales with individual hospitals and IDNs.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.