Health Screener Per Diem
About the Job
Location:Geisinger Medical Center (GMC)
Shift:Rotation (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Job Summary:Performs appropriate screening and education procedures for patients, guests and vendors when entering system facilities. Travel may be required to support regional staffing needs.
- Ensures screening, masking and visitation policies and procedures are adhered to for patients, guests and vendors when entering a Geisinger facility.
- Perform required screening processes to include but not limited to questionnaires, masking and temperature monitor checks for all patients, guests and vendors.
- Educates patients, guests and vendors on masking policies and procedures.
- Maybe required to enter data into electronic medical record.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Customer service experience a plus.
Schedule may include off shifts, weekends and holidays.
Join an excellent team providing emergency care to patients!
Education:High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Skills:Communication Skills, Computer Skills, Customer Service Skills, Flexibility, Independent Work
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.