Surgical Technologist - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Full Time *Eligible for sign-on up to $5,000.00*
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by\: performing a variety of technical activities related to patient care, as well as support activities in the operating room under the direction of an R.N.
- Perform a variety of duties in an operating room observing proper techniques to include preparing rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment; open sterile supplies and arrange sterile setups for operations.
- Creates, maintains, and terminates sterile field for surgical procedures.
- Properly handles and cares for all instruments and equipment. Checks materials and equipment for proper functioning and adequacy; reports faulty equipment and instruments per policy.
- Assist with precepting new technical personnel. Participates in recording data on OR records.
- Attends in-services and mandatory meetings.
- Cooperates with the nurse in the individualized plan of care for each patient.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon and surgical assistants in the operating room, passing instruments, sutures, sponges, and supplies needed in an operative procedure.
- Demonstrates an ability to perform all duties required of a Surgical Technologist in accordance with established procedures and completion of skills check list.
- Must be a graduate of a program for Surgical Technology (Military, Community College, or School for Surgical Technology) OR, nationally certified as a surgical technologist.
- At least one year experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- Exposure to bio hazardous waste, substances, and unknown diseases.
- Vision and hearing to normal range.
- Sitting and standing for extensive periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pulling, reaching, and carrying of light to heavy patients and/or objects.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33% of the assigned shift.