Surgical Staff Assistant - Cape Canaveral Hospital, Operating Room, Full Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing uncompromised safety, superior quality, memorable
patient/customer experiences, and financial stewardship by assisting the nursing and anesthesia team in the care of the surgical patient and efficiency of procedures under the supervision of the Assistant Nurse Manager. A comprehensive orientation at all facilities will be provided.
1. Assembles and assists with specific equipment used by surgical staff or anesthesia providers.
2. Performs daily performance checks on anesthesia machines and disinfects anesthesia equipment as needed.
3. Completes daily stocking assignments.
4. Assists with cleaning and surgical room turnover in a safe and efficient manner.
5. Maintains organized environment to reduce waste.
6. Anticipates needs of clinical team to provide efficient support.
7. Assists with transporting, patient positioning and other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
8. Treats patients, team including clinical staff, surgeons, anesthesia and supporting departments with respect.
Education\: High School Diploma or equivalent
Certification\: Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain
o Exceptional organizational skills with ability to anticipate needs and perform multiple tasks
o Interpersonal communication skills to establish good rapport with surgeons, patients and associates
o Ability to travel to all facilities as required
o Ability to flex schedule to meet department needs
Work Experience\: Previous surgical or operating room experience
Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Ability to lift, turn, pull, push, pull, ambulate patients/equipment during assigned shift
Physical agility to stoop, kneel, or crouch when needed to perform job duties
Ability and sense of urgency to quickly and safely turn rooms over for maximum efficiency and provide appropriate support for anesthesia providers.
Ability to work in an environment with equipment with mechanical parts, electrical current, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, radiation, biohazards (airborne or contact exposure to bacteria or virus), cleaning agents, explosive chemicals and flammable, explosive gases
Flexibility to accommodate variation of work schedule and change job assignments quickly as needed by the department
Ability to respond to emergency situations quickly and appropriately by taking direction from clinical staff and/or anesthesia providers