Surgical Staff Assistant (Anesthesia Tech) - HRMC, Full Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship by\: Assisting the Anesthesia and Nursing Personnel in the care of the surgical patient.
- Performs a variety of technical and supportive patient care tasks to assist in performing procedures for patients ranging from infancy to geriatrics
- Performs routine and delegated duties according to all Health First and department policies
- Works under the supervision of the Anesthesiologist, registered nurse
- Utilizing the OR schedule, prepares OR rooms and other procedure areas where anesthesia is provided with appropriate equipment and supplies
- Assembles and assist with the operation of specialized equipment such as humidification units; fiberoptic endoscopic equipment, patient warming devices
- Performs daily performance checks and troubleshoots anesthesia machines and equipment to ensure proper functioning prior to patient use, inspects for defects, and schedules repairs
- Disinfects and sterilizes anesthesia instruments
- Cleans anesthesia machines, monitors and equipment following procedures
- Maintain immediate availability to assist in routine and emergency procedures
- Anticipates need for invasive monitoring according to daily OR schedule
- Maintains an organized environment and supply storage areas
- Has knowledge of basic monitoring functions
- Assists with surgical room turnover as needed
- Assists with positioning patients for surgery as needed
- Assists with cleaning and stocking surgical areas as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- Organized with a good rapport with surgeons and associates
- Lift up to 40 pounds unassisted 10-12 times per day
- Will be in an environment with equipment with mechanical parts, electrical current, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, radiation, biohazards (airborne or contract exposure to bacterial or viral), housekeeping and/or cleaning agents, explosive chemicals, and flammable, explosive gases.