Surgery Center Registered Nurse-Melbourne Same Day Surgery, Full Time
Health First Melbourne, FL
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing No Harm/ Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Stewardship by providing outstanding nursing care with respect to patient expectations, cultural, spiritual and age specific individual needs. This includes the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient according to the standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Associate supports engagement through adherence to the Health First I CARE values.
- Quality/No Harm\:
- Records/handles and labels the specimens obtained during procedures and or stat blood draws accurately.
- Provides competent, concerned care to patients in a safe environment including identification of right patient and right procedure, right date of birth.
- Compliance with the Nursing Process as evidenced by documentation of process and discharge planning. Demonstrating competency in identifying and interpreting physiological reaction of the patient and is able to adapt age related nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates effective administration of medications as evidenced by\: Preceptor Observation Tool and Clinical Practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in nursing practice across the health care continuum and maintains education standards as required by RN Clinical Level.
- Documents all nursing care, change in condition, response to therapy, treatments, procedures and referrals on patient record to meet standards.
- Utilizes Health First computer systems with regard to M-3 learning. Maintains educational requirements for CEU's and in-services.
- Customer Experience\:
- Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education based on individual patient’s medical and/or nursing diagnosis with sensitivity and respect for their needs, expectations, age, culture, and individual differences from admission through discharge in a respectful and confidential manner
- Introduces self to patients by name and position. No complaints on the patient evaluation.
- Demonstrates dependability, reliability, and flexibility.
- Demonstrates ability to share workload evenly and complete work in a timely manner, while increasing productivity as needed to meet patient volumes
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current Florida RN licensure or endorsement permit.
- Must hold and maintain current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start
- date. Certification as required by specific unit.
- Must meet unit specific care requirements.
- Must be able to speak/understand written and verbal instructions in the English language.
- Must have visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform clinical tasks.
- Must be able to lift, turn, pull, push or ambulate patients/equipment up to 90% of the assigned shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33% of the assigned shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop up to 90% of assigned shift
- Potential for exposure to bio hazardous waste, MSDS substances and known or unknown diseases.
- Must have ability to work in often stressful environment with patients/families at various ages and levels of understanding.
- Must have ability to concentrate on multiple priority activities.
- Must have ability to respond appropriately to life threatening situations.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must meet the Clinical Nurse competency assessment/skills checklist requirements in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act within 3 months of employment and annually.