Security Officer III - variable locations and shifts, Full Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing security services to ensure the safety and security of associates, patients, and visitors of Health First facilities.
- Responsible for internal and external security patrols on foot or in vehicle of facility assigned, including Emergency Department of hospital facility to deter criminal activity and misconduct.
- Responds to all emergencies/disasters which may require the officer to remain on property until the emergency/disaster is terminated. Makes appropriate notifications on campus as directed, coordinates law enforcement, medical and/or fire assistance,
- Proactively watches for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
- Is a first responder for emergency codes, alarms, and other emergent situations to escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress, and protect private information.
- Sounds alarms or calls police/fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Warns violators of rule infractions such as loitering, smoking, or carrying prohibited articles.
- Monitors entrances and exits and permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Observes departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures authorized removal of property is conducted appropriately.
- Conducts patient escorts, patient watches, and provides safety escorts.
- Assists and/or transports deceased to morgue.
- Completes required shift logs and reports; complies with site post orders and Health First policies and procedures.
- Investigates and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
- Assists associates, patients, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Works designated alternate hours and performs other responsibilities as needed.
- Maintains required certifications, licensing, weapon qualifications, and training to achieve professional competency as appropriate for the position.
Must meet at least one of the following education or experience requirements\:
- Graduate of Police/Corrections Academy
- Associates Degree or above in Criminal Justice
- Active Military (4-year term of service minimum)
- Law enforcement experience
- Service in the Elite Military Forces, Military Police, or combat arms
- At least one year of verifiable security officer experience
- State of Florida, Class “D” Security Officer License and maintain
- State of Florida, Class “G” Statewide Firearm License and maintain
- Current, valid State of Florida driver’s license and maintain
- Clean State of Florida Motor Vehicle Record and maintain
- Must have American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED and maintain certification
- Expected completion of Crisis Prevention Training within first 90 days
- Physical ability to deal with or subdue mental health patient in crisis
- Must be willing to carry out tasks that may require entering the hospital morgue and the roof-top helipad
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to climb up to nine (9) flights of stairs
- Must be able to withstand extreme heat and cold
- Must be able to listen, speak, walk, stand, bend and stoop for extended periods of time, for entire 8+ hour shift
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able & willing to properly wear Personal Protective mask & gloves for entire 8+ hour shift
- Must be able to respond within 90-seconds of an urgent duress call