Radiologic Technologist Assistant - HRMC, Radiology Support Personnel, Full Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by\: Being committed to the Health First Values\: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Being engaged and contributes to a positive and productive work environment. Demonstrating professional, personable, cooperative support to radiologic technologists in various functions; assisting with patient care, accurate CR/PACS processing, assists with patient transportation, and completion of quality assurance tasks. Mentoring development of students and co-workers from a team concept.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients/customers, team members and themselves.
- Adheres to Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Practices Radiation Safety.
- Completes all required documentation and/or required forms (i.e. Safety Zone Portal)
- Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and responsibilities in relation to specified emergent codes
- Responsible for hurricane preparedness and their particular responsibilities as a Health First associate
- Effectively documents and communicates pertinent and required information
- Reports all malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate department, fellow associates and management.
- Maintains current CPR certification and renews certifications before the expiration date
- Adheres to system wide Infection Control policies and procedures
- Practices aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Assists the technologist in producing images consistent with departmental protocols and image quality standards.
- Ensures accurate and timely assistance to the radiologic technologists.
- Accurate and timely loading of the CR reader
- Ability to perform basic computer skills pertinent to job performance
- Demonstrates the appropriate skill sets as determined by the "Annual Competency Assessments".
- Monitors and complies with Joint Commission/ACR standards and performs all job functions in accordance with Federal, State and Regional requirements to ensure compliance to these standards.
- Ensures all required documentation is scanned into the correct patient’s exam folder in PACS
- Engaged and contributes to a positive and productive work environment
- Offers suggestions for departmental improvements and departmental protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Attends all mandatory meetings/in-services and reads and signs off on all meeting minutes as required.
- Technical development of students and co-workers from a team concept.
- Follows proper file room processes
- Understand and adheres to the process for outside images management
- Understands and adheres to the process of producing a CD of our images for the patient, LIP, or another facility
- Previous general office experience of one year or more and prior Radiology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates the ability to relate well to all customers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize to maximize quality, value and service.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills pertinent to job performance.
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- Ability to adapt to a combination of walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting throughout the shift
- Ability to move, lift or position patients
- Ability to push wheelchairs, stretchers and beds.
- Dependable and flexible in covering required shifts
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted, several times a day
- Willing and able to work with bio-hazardous / toxic materials following OSHA guidelines.