Physical Therapist Assistant - Palm Bay Hospital, Part-Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by\: providing exceptional healthcare in a professional manner.
- Maintains patient safety at all times.
- Ensures compliance with precautions and documents all current precautions and changes in status.
- Follows the plan of care and consults with the therapist when changes to the plan may be indicated or when a progress note or reassessment is due.
- Provides patients with effective treatments that progress them towards their goals and documents treatments according to applicable guidelines, standards and policies.
- Attends department meetings that take place during scheduled work hours; otherwise, reviews and signs meeting minutes. Attends in-services given by other staff and students that take place during scheduled work hours.
- Responds to therapy inquiries upon receipt.
- Reviews daily assignments/schedules with the team.
- Provides patients, families and staff with education regarding therapy services related to the patients' needs.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility by meeting patient scheduling requirements, ensuring productivity targets are met, and utilizing their time, supplies and support staff responsibly.
- Prepares/reviews schedule for the next day.
- Issues charges that correspond to the services provided and the documented treatment times.
Completion of a discipline appropriate degree from an accredited program/college.
Current Florida license.
Interpersonal communications skills.
Basic computer skills or willingness to learn.
Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
Knowledge and use of proper lifting and body mechanics
Must be able to assist in lifting, standing, supporting patients.