Patient Service Specialist I - Corporate, Centralized Scheduling, Full Time
About the Job
Fully engaged in providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by ensuring the quality of services to include all aspects of revenue cycle, ie., Customer Service, scheduling, pre -registration, insurance verification, financial clearance.
- Accurately schedule and/or pre register all modalities at Health First facilities by phone, fax, and electronically.
- Ensure all information is complete, legible and correct.
- Verification of insurance information is obtained on all patient accounts containing insurance.
- Follow up and /or forward necessary information to appropriate individuals or departments to complete demographic/registration process.
- Provide registration and other job requirements to meet the patient/family needs.
- Maintain successful relations with other Patient Business Services areas, Health First associates and physician office.
- Financial Counseling. Bad Debt Screening. Charity screening and qualifications. Patient negotiations, settlements, discounts.
- TOS Collections to include co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance.
- TOS Collections " multiple options " prompt pay discount, payroll deduction, waiver of assignment of benefits.
- Price estimates and quotes.
- Reviews and processes patient and insurance mail in an accurate and timely manner,making sure actions or outcomes are documented on patient accounts.
- Performs tasks associated with Revenue Cycle i.e., billing, primary and secondary claim submission, scanning, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communications/interpersonal skills.
- Typing 45 WPM.
- Medical Terminology desired.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to relate well to all customers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize to maximize quality, value and service.
- Working knowledge of managed care payors and Medicare regulations.
- Experience working in multiple systems\: STAR, MedPay, SCI, TRACE, OF, DDE, Multiple payor websites, etc