Medical Technologist - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Immunology Microbiology, Per Diem
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing No Harm / Quality, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by\: working as a team to maintain responsible attitudes, performing laboratory testing to provide quality results and using resources efficiently.
The Medical Technologist is assigned to one or more of the following laboratory sections of responsibility\: Blood Bank, Microbiology ( Bacteriology, Virology, Parasitology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Immunology, Molecular Diagnostics), Core Lab, (Hematology, Coagulation, Routine Chemistry, Urinalysis), Special Chemistry.
Complies with the department policies/processes/procedures to provide accurate results, quality products and services with ≤2 errors per year.
Assures valid results as evidenced by zero patient or sample identification errors in the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of laboratory procedures.
Understands and applies sample quality control and equipment quality control per department policy as measured by review of quality control logs with ≤5 errors per year.
Is a self-starter in identifying and assuming ownership of opportunities for improvement.
Manages daily workload in a productive manner.
Uses knowledge of instrumentation and procedures to assist others in troubleshooting and to cross train.
Complies with "I CARE" values as measured by no positive disciplinary action per Human Resources Policy 4.01.
- As required for Medical Technologist licensure by State of Florida and in accordance with CLIA guidelines.
- Appropriate certification by the ASCP or other similar accrediting agencies preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work with bio-hazardous/toxic materials following OSHA guidelines.
- Excellent human relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays when needed.
- May be required to take call.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity to perform clinical/technical tasks.
- Must pass color blindness test.
- Must be able to lift 10 - 20 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods (2-3 hours).
- Must be able to sit and operate a computer.
Must be able to function in a highly stressful environment.
Responsible for problem solving situations.
Able to make independent decisions.
Competent and confident in interpretation of all tests performed in the section.