Materials Management Associate I - General Stores, Holmes Regional Medical Center, Full Time
About the Job
The Materials Management Associate I is responsible and accountable for providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by providing world class quality, competitive value, and outstanding service through effective materials management of programs in supply logistics, inventory management, computer support, and supply channel management to clinical departments. Assist assigned departments through action and education to achieve product standardization, optimum inventory levels and reduction of operating expenses.
- Receives supplies and equipment using Materials Management Information Systems (MMIS) and standard operating procedures. Package, label, and ship any items to alternate locations.
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures for optimal accuracy.
- Maintains high level of accuracy in the General Stores warehouse insuring all material is placed into proper location, correct quantities, material rotation is applied, and items are pulled to fill customer orders. Ensure cycle count methods are exercised to comply with quality control guidelines.
- Provide Logistic Services to all departments and distributes medical supplies or equipment to supported customer areas in a timely manner.
- Services to include shipments, receiving, distribution, inventory, and materials management.
- Develop an optimum inventory level for assigned departments. Inventories and manages replenishment of various supply carts located throughout the hospital in accordance with established cycles pertaining to usage.
- Operates and supports PeopleSoft, ScanReq (OptiFlex), Pocket Pro, @PAR, Digitech high-volume paper scanning software (Paper Flow), HBOC Clinicals, and essential IT operations and improvements including downtime strategy and data entry.
- Performs warehouse maintenance of assigned aisles to ensure accuracy and cleanliness, and removal of all excess supplies and debris.
- Associate degree from an accredited school in Business Administration or related discipline is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education is mandatory.
- Minimum of two years hospital related experience involving selection, procurement, distribution, or inventory control of medical/surgical supplies preferred.
- High degree of math aptitude and communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.