Hospital at Home RN- HRMC, HRMC Hospital at Home, Full Time
About the Job
In alignment with Health First commitments of Quality/No Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship goals, the Hospital at Home (HaH) RN demonstrates clinical expertise through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of professional nursing practice. The HaH RN will collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to deliver hospital level of care to patients in their home environment, revising plan of care to meet diverse demographics and needs, enhance patient experience, decrease readmissions and improve patient outcomes. I-Care Values are modeled in all duties of the role.
- Perform complete comprehensive assessment at every patient visit, to include but not limited to psychosocial, safety and risk factor, with the goal to reduce hospital readmission and/or reduce length of stay
- Demonstrate effective medication management and administration to patients as evidenced by preceptor observation and clinical practice outcomes.
- Document all patient care, exacerbation or progress toward goals as set for patient episode of care, including physician notifications and referrals to meet patients’ needs outside of hospital.
- Demonstrate appropriate delegation and supervision of patient care activities within the healthcare setting. Deliver effective communication with other members of the healthcare team and promote effective team functioning.
- Identify potential unsafe situations and resolve safety issues within approved policies, procedures and protocol.
- Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to practice standards, care bundles and best practices in delivery of care to patient and family.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking and prudent judgment in nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, interventions, and evaluation of outcomes; adjust plan of care as needed.
- Provide care to patients and families with sensitivity and respect for their needs, expectations, preferences, age, cultural and individual differences.
- Provide education to patient and family based on best practice.
- Will utilize technology to monitor vital signs and provide virtual communication for patient and family.
- Contribute to the customer experience goals as evidenced by positive patient experience scores and comments for department/medical center and/or written compliments by patients/others. Demonstrate personal accountability to use and care for equipment and supplies economically.
- Comply with all HF policies, including Disaster/Hurricane Preparedness; perform other duties where needed as assigned.
Education\: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma from approved school of professional nursing
Work Experience\: One (1) year Acute Care experience; IV therapy and phlebotomy experience
Licensure\: Current Florida RN license
Certification\: Current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider; eligible Level II background screening
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities\:
- Clinical Competency, including IV, nursing assessment, medication administration and other clinical skills as needed
- MS Office, Outlook, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and other applications or systems related to role
- Time management; Prioritize multiple or conflicting tasks; meet deadlines
- Self motivated; initiative
- Work independently yet demonstrate teamwork
- Critical thinking; sound judgment; decision making
- Customer focus
- Communication – written, oral and auditory
- Adaptable; Flexible – workload; work schedule/schedule changes including on-call rotation assignments;
Education\: Bachelor’s of Nursing
Work Experience\: No additional
Licensure\: No additional
Certification\: No additional
Physical Demands\: Travel to/from various Health First locations and patient’s residence; Frequently assist patients with ADLs, transfer, and ambulation; lift, turn, pull, push or ambulate patients and/or equipment up to 90% of the assigned shift. Stand, walk, bend, and stoop up to 90% of assigned shift. Potential for exposure to bio-hazardous waste and known or unknown diseases. Noise level and work environment settings will vary daily.