HFMG Clinical Quality Coordinator - Health First Medical Group, Full Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by measuring and monitoring the implementation and execution of critical processes and services, identifying changes that enhance performance, ensuring the improvements are sustained, and maintaining a continuous level of patient safety and accreditation readiness with regulatory agencies.
- Works closely and effectively with all members of the Clinical Quality team.
- Works closely with leadership and associates of all disciplines throughout HFMG sites and IDN-wide to ensure uncompromised safety and practices that support superior quality and optimization of patient care delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to assist with the identification of risks to patient safety.
- Supports HFMG mandatory quality initiatives.
- Supports optimization programs from Clinical Quality in partnership with Operational Vice Presidents. Key resource for designated sites on initiatives to improve efficiencies while supporting compliance with regulatory requirements and improved outcomes for both Ambulatory and IDN measures.
- Coordinates the indicator monitoring and performance measurement designated HFMG sites.
- Monitors performance through data collection.
- Analyzes current performance.
- Performs reviews and facilitates the proper use of information.
- Provides accurate and timely clinical or medical record review and distributes data to appropriate committees or groups and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Acts a resource for data abstraction and analysis as requested by teams.
- Coordinates and provides support to clinical teams by providing accurate and timely medical records requests, timely chart review and focus studies as needed.
- Provides regional support at designated sites during business hours for Rx, Lab and Diagnostic ordering under Treatment Guidelines or Physician Direction.
- Facilitates Quality Improvement and Operational Initiatives as needed under direction of Clinical Quality Director in partnership with Operational Vice Presidents.
- Knowledgeable of team models at designated sites.
- Provide education to team members and staff.
- Acts as team facilitator or leader as requested by Clinical Quality Director.
- Participates in risk reduction strategies.
- Respects and assists all associates and customers appropriately.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as per professional ethics and HIPAA mandates.
- Works within budgetary constraints.
- RN with Minimum of 2 years’ experience in clinical settings. Quality improvement experience preferred.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Florida required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software, word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, GroupWise and Microsoft Office.
- Presentation skills and knowledge of presentation software required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all levels within the organization.
- Required analytical abilities to recognize and resolve problems needing technical or clinical interventions.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time.
- Ability to work flexible hours for early and late meetings.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and perform typing skills using hand dexterity up to two hours at a time, 6-8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend and reach at all times.
- Must be able to carry a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Must have visual acuity/near depth perception, visual acuity/far depth perception at all times.
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational requirements and business applications