Clinical Charge Nurse, PACU, Holmes Regional Medical Center, Full Time
Health First Melbourne, FL
About the Job
The Clinical Charge Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship.
Ensures the delivery of quality patient care for the shift and participates as a member of the unit leadership team in focusing on care delivery for the unit.
Collaborates with physicians and other departments determining patients' needs for nursing care and in treatment planning, resolves and/or facilitating resolution of patient related problems.
Ensures a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Communicates significant information to other persons responsible for, or involved in, the care of the patient, and coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process based on assessed need.
Collaborates with the Manager to ensure unit compliance with guidelines of accrediting and regulatory agencies, unit standards of care and practice, and organization policies and procedures.
Contributes to patient satisfaction as evidenced by positive patient satisfaction scores.
Maintains unit staffing per established guidelines.
Demonstrates fiscal responsibility toward the positive financial performance of the department.
- Current Florida RN license.
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- BSN or related degree preferred.
- Unit specific specialty certification required or obtained within 1 year.
- Minimum of two years acute care clinical experience preferred.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- PACU and/or critical care experience preferred.
- Sound organizational skills to include time management and problem solving.
- Highly developed communication skills, verbal and non-verbal.