Clinic LPN - Cape Canaveral Gastroenterology - Full Time
About the Job
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship by overseeing the medical care given to patients while implementing high standards of care consistent with clinic office and medical policies and procedures.
The chosen candidate will benefit from the following\:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid medical assistant certification exam
- 401k with matching contributions
- Employee recognition activities
- Opportunity to contribute to associate advisory groups
The chosen candidate may also be eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus.
- Assist physician in all procedures as instructed\:
- Maintains all stock in treatment rooms as well as rotation of dated medications, supplies, and keeps correct documentation of narcotic drugs.
- Collects blood and or samples as directed using sterile techniques which apply; process with correct paperwork, and direct to correct laboratory for processing.
- Sterilizes all equipment/instruments using proper techniques, as well as technical usage of any and all other standard equipment used at the Wound Clinic/and or Physician office.
- Administers all medications as ordered and assures all documentation is noted, as well as calling in medications to area pharmacies when requested by physician.
- Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and their patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical wound care setting
- Assists in use of equipment and materials in a cost effective-manner
- Completes all documentation supporting billable activities in a timely manner.
- Maintains documentation and assessment of patients' vital signs, drug allergies and description of patients' complaints on all charts.
- Under the supervision of an RN, case manages patients with their wound care.
- Applies dressings as ordered per the physician.
Current Florida LPN license
Must hold and maintain current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date.
Must be able to pass colorblind testing to perform POC tests requiring color change
LPN experience in a specialty clinic is preferred
Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop for up to 12 hours, generally with 2-3 short breaks.
Ability to lift up to 40 pounads unassisted and transfer patients from wheelchair or standing position to exam table; correct body mechanics necessary to prevent
Visual acuity and hand/eye coordination to perform clinical tasks.
Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work in stressful environments.
Ability to assess and quickly interpret data, and assists physician in care and education of patients of various ages and levels of understanding.
Demonstrates leadership ability and flexibility.
Demonstrates knowledge of exposure to bio hazardous waste, MSDA substances and unknown diseases
Other duties may include surgical scheduling, authorizations, processing orders, medications, and other clinical tasks.