Certified Medical Assistant/Patient Care Specialist - Gateway Pulmonary Diseases, Health First Medical Group, Full Time
About the Job
Health First Medical Group is seeking an experienced medical assistant (LPN also considered) to join us in a busy and exciting practice which stresses the provision of excellent care and customer service. Our medical office staff work together in a team concept making sure cross-training is a high priority providing you with greater career advancement opportunities.
The chosen candidate will benefit from the following\:
· Health, dental, vision, life insurance
· Paid time off
· Paid medical assistant certification exam
· 401k with matching contributions
· Employee recognition activities
· Opportunity to contribute to associate advisory groups
The chosen candidate may also be eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus.
Job Type\: Full-time. Monday-Friday. No weekends.
· Education\: High School diploma or GED equivalent. LPN also considered
· Certification\: One of the following is a minimum requirement within 90 days of hire. Health First will pay exam fee\:
1. Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through National Healthcareer Association (NHA) - https\://www.nhanow.com/
2. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) - http\://www.aama-ntl.org/
3. Medical Assistant (RMA) certification through American Medical Technologists (AMT) - https\://www.americanmedtech.org/
4. Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) certification - https\://www.ncctinc.com/
· Certification\: Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association upon hire
· Work Experience\: New Grads welcome
· Specific Knowledge/Skills\: Medical terminology, keyboarding skills.
· Specific Knowledge/Skills\: Strong customer service skills including knowledge of service recovery techniques
· Perform clinical intake by taking medical histories and vital signs, recording weight/height and verification of patient’s current prescriptions.
· Prepare patients for examination and explain treatment procedures to patients.
· Prepare and perform point of care testing and/or specimen collection as directed by provider.
· Track and communicate to patients, the results of labs and diagnostic studies as directed by the provider.
· Answer internal and external customer phone calls regarding their care, and direct messages to the appropriate individuals.Qualification: