Head of Family Office Services
About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As the Head of Family Office Services within Hawthorn PNC Family Wealth, the preferred location for you will be based is in Philadelphia, PA.
In this role you will lead the development and delivery of Hawthorn’s Family Office Services capabilities in order to help clients address their complex wealth management needs and the associated administrative, compliance and reporting requirements. The Head of Family Office Services also:
• Develops and implement the Family Office group’s strategy, operational plan, and delivery to achieve business goals and enhance the client experience.
• Directs all day-to-day activities of the Family Office group, including tax administration, trust and estate administration, comptroller services (e.g., bill pay and bookkeeping), private banking, treasury management, lifestyle services and payroll management
• Collaborates with Hawthorn’s Wealth Sustainability and Investment teams to ensure an integrated wealth management experience and to increase efficiency
• Coordinates tax administration, reporting and compliance for clients, trusts and other legal entities
• Oversees estate and trust administration in coordination with Hawthorn’s Fiduciary Advisors
• Ensures timely and accurate record keeping, bookkeeping and consolidated reporting
• Partners with advisor teams to offer private banking and other value-added services to meet client needs
- Manages and directs team(s) to achieve business results and customer experience goals. May have direct sales and client responsibilities and may manage both individual contributors and other managers. Oversees team(s)'s financial results. Has broader span of control than Leader I. Participates in and drives the development of goals and strategies.
- Leads and influences to achieve the objectives of the team(s). Monitors business results/metrics and adapts sales strategies and tactics. Develops and oversees the execution of account and sales plans. May have direct sales and client responsibilities.
- Manages risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and may be responsible for higher and/or broader levels of risk management. Mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational, credit and human capital risks. Serves as an escalation point for risk management topics, coordinates problem solving and may have exception authority.
- Manages effective network of senior internal and external relationships, such as community or industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience. Networks within the industry and may serve in a leadership role in the community, industry or market. Leads the team to bring the full range of PNC's products and services to the client. Assists other team members in developing their network. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and coach team to successfully convert sales opportunities.
- Develops team members while monitoring progress against goals. May support the development of other managers. Identifies high-potentials and creates winning teams. Motivates and develops staff, including acquiring and retaining top talent and managing performance-based issues. Effectively plans, organizes, directs, analyzes and evaluates staff and processes. Connects strategy to day-to-day activities and updates the team on a regular basis.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesConflict Management – Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Sales Management – Develops sales strategies that incorporate client segments, market opportunities, competitive forces and sales force effectiveness. Identifies priorities and ensures sales teams execute against plans that focus on deepening client relationships, elevating market share and increasing share of wallet. Drives sales teams to build a strong pipeline of prospects and clients.Sales Negotiating – Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry-relevant experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to large scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.