Installation Field Project Manager
About the Job
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations. Through 44 distribution centers, in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including will call, direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Responsible for all technical and quality assurance aspects of installation projects. Oversee labor by subcontractors, recruitment, training, and monitoring customer satisfaction in a defined geographic location(s). This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Monitors and ensures installer's workmanship and recruit, train, and maintain contractors.
- Accompanies installers on measurement of unit and reviews labor bid before submission to the customer.
- Visually inspects materials and merchandise and facilitates all needed documentation.
- Coordinates with the customers and property managers to identify problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Supervises direct reports including performance management, training, coaching, and disciplinary actions.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Previous construction management experience.