SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Patient Advocate Coordinator to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX
Patient Advocate Coordinator
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bed hospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women’s center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
The Patient Advocate Coordinator must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations. They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization. They must have effective time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Demonstrates calm demeanor in the midst of patient issues.
- To ensure optimal patient outcomes are met through excellent customer service skills and collaboration with the departmental leadership.
- Ensures that follow up phone calls are made to patients post discharge from the department in a timely manner as expected per HCA guidelines.
- Performs service recovery as indicated.
- Performs communication board audits within the department and reports out weekly statistics.
- Communicates with department leadership related to patient interactions that need further assistance.
- Documents patient phone calls and interactions in appropriate systems as expected per HCA guidelines.
- Relates well to diverse groups of people throughout the organization.
- Able to build rapport and form constructive relationships. Is characterized by diplomacy and tact.
- Able to diffuse tense situations.
- Collects sufficient information to make timely and effective decisions.
- Consults with appropriate subordinates, peers and senior managers before making decisions.
- Does not procrastinate when making difficult decisions.
- Able to present new and original ideas.
- Collaborates with department leadership and staff to help improve patient satisfaction.
- Collect and report patient experience data and performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a healthcare program such as nursing assistant, emergency medical technician, medical assistant.
- 3 + years healthcare experience, Enthusiastic Attitude and eager to continue to learn and grow, Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
What qualification you will need:
- Graduate of a healthcare program such as nursing assistant, emergency medical technician, medical assistant.)
- Current Basic BLS
- 2-years of ER experience highly desired.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.