DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
Sign On Bonus!
This is a remote/work from home position.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(k), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As part of our hospital outpatient coding team, you will work outpatient coding quality and/or billing alerts/edits for hospital outpatient encounters (e.g., same day surgery, observation, wound care, emergency department, and/or diagnostic) to ensure complete and accurate code assignment. This is a great starting position for those wanting to move from production coding toward an outpatient coding quality review position.
In this role you will take action to resolve alerts/edits by:
- Verifying accuracy of assigned CPT codes for complex and/or error prone procedures
- Verifying the diagnosis coding accuracy for complex and/or error prone encounters
- Validating certain discharge dispositions
- Reviewing charge and procedure mismatches
- Reviewing codes with revenue integrity for NCD/LCD coverage
- Reviewing invalid codes, code conflicts, and missing modifiers
- Working with other team members in billing, revenue integrity, etc. to route or resolve alerts/edits
- Combining codes for payment window encounters
- Initiating rebills for miss coded encounters, and/or
- Assisting with resolution of accounts with HIM/Coding unbilled hold reasons preventing final billing
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required
- Undergraduate (Associate's or Bachelor's) degree in HIM/HIT preferred
- Minimum 1 year hospital, acute care same day surgery outpatient coding experience required
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS preferred
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare, has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.