DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 8
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offer a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, geriatric services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet its mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
Responsible for scheduling surgeries promptly and efficiently in accordance with physicians- orders and insurance requirements. Responsible for providing assistance and support to Surgical Schedulers to ensure excellent and efficient customer service and patient care by setting a positive example, ensuring adequate training, and assisting in problem-solving. This position reports to a designated Practice Manager.
- At least 3-5 years of surgical scheduling experience in a high-volume surgical practice
- Strong working knowledge of insurance and medical terminology, CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding
- Expert knowledge of CSG scheduling protocols and workflow processes
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance ongoing functional responsibilities with liaison responsibilities
- Associates' degree or some college experience preferred.
- Positive, customer-focused approach
- Strong computer skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and practice management software
We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.