DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 2
Shift Details: 4 x 10h shift rotating day to evening with overnight and weekend call requirement. Weekend and Holiday coverage as needed.
SIGN-ON BONUS OFFERED! (Restrictions Apply)
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Promote safe care for patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures through evidence based practices as the RN Circulator.
- Provides support to the surgical team for maintaining a high level of sterility.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns
- Prepare the operating room for surgery (supplies, implants, instruments, equipment)
- Check equipment & troubleshoot as needed
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation when scrubbed
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
- (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Current 2 years’ experience as Operating Room Nurse (scrub is a plus, not required)
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Team Player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Associate degree required, BSN preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.