DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32
Job Shift: Shift 3
Shift Details: Nights ***Sign on Bonus***
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under the direction and general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures of the hospital and as directed by the medical staff. The Registered Nurse (RN) who through knowledge and ability utilizes the nursing process to develop a plan of care which includes standards of practice to meet the physical, emotional spiritual, cultural and educational needs of the patient and family. Incorporates the needs and behaviors of patient's age group in planning and providing care.
- Registered Nurses utilize the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention, documentation, and evaluation) to provide direct and indirect patient care based on area(s) assigned, addressing the age appropriate needs of all patients.
- Follows nursing department philosophies, policies and procedures to develop unique education and care plans for each patient and provide appropriate education and support for family members.
- Utilizes judgment, knowledge and understanding of patient and family needs when directing ancillary staff.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care. Incumbents of this position will annually complete the attached competency requirements specific to their area(s) of responsibility.
Education: ASN required, BSN preferred.
Licensure / Certification:
- Active CT RN license required prior to start date.
- Active BLS certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Previous acute care experience preferred.
** Sign on Bonus eligible- Up to $10K**
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.