DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Job Summary: In this role you will cover all areas of LDRP in addition to M/S overflow.
- Registered Nurses utilize the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention, documentation, and evaluation) to provide direct and indirect patient care based on area(s) assigned, addressing the age appropriate needs of all patients.
- Follows nursing department philosophies, policies and procedures to develop unique education and care plans for each patient and provide appropriate education and support for family members.
- Utilizes judgment, knowledge and understanding of patient and family needs when directing ancillary staff.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care. Incumbents of this position will annually complete the attached competency requirements specific to their area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- Bachelor’s degree in field of Nursing preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.