DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 38
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Mon-Sun *Sign on Bonus Eligible*
*Position is eligible for a Sign-on Bonus up to $10,000*
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
The Radiology Tech. operates equipment and performs Radiologic procedures by positioning patients and preparing contrast medias to perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on patients to assist the physician in diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs diagnostic radiography studies by following established protocols and selecting correct exposure factors
- Utilizes the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce a technically excellent radiograph to assist the radiologist in the diagnosis
- Practices radiation safety through appropriate use of radiation protection devices and adhering to radiation safety standards to protect patient and staff and to comply with regulatory agencies and requirements
- Accurately inputs procedural data in RIS and PACS to capture critical information regarding exams, supply charges, resource allocations, radiation exposure as well as all relevant clinical information
- Performs exams utilizing DR, CR and Panorex, annotate and QA transferring all images into PACS
- Provides clinical supervision and instruction to students by maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures and the clinical competency process in order to evaluate student growth and competence in performing radiographic procedures
- Pledges to "Image Wisely", "Image Gently" and provide a positive and lasting impression on every encounter
- Participates in additional projects and meetings necessary to maintain best practice standards
Pay: $29 - $45 hr
- Graduate AMA approved Radiologic Tech program preferred
- Current CT Radiographer License required
- Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age-specific patient needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and with other units to provide quality service through communication, cooperation, and collaboration
- CPR validation within 3 months of hire
- Maintain continuing education credits
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.