DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Public Safety officers provide professional safety and security services to ensure a safe environment for the entire hospital community.
- Performs proactive patrols and monitoring to identify suspicious activity, safety concerns, or other problems.
- May be assigned to fixed posts checking credentials, providing information, directions, etc.
- Provides a timely response and takes appropriate actions to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge of, and adherence to, policies and procedures.
- May participate in and/or facilitate planned emergency drills and simulations.
- Provides highly professional, customer-focused information and assistance to staff and visitors at all times.
- When assigned mobile patrols, operate vehicle in a safe manner complying with all traffic safety rules and regulations.
- Informs supervisor of unusual situations or accidents immediately.
- May be responsible for counting money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure correct balance.
- Maintains accurate activity logs and documentation.
- Must be willing to work at various facilities, performing a varity of tasks
- May be assigned to St. Vincent’s Medical Center, Westport Behavioral Health Center, or other locations to meet operational needs. Must be willing and able to work at other sites.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Valid Connecticut Driver’s License
- Valid State of Connecticut Guard Card
- Minimum 1 year security experience preferred
- MOAB certification preferred, but will be provided within first year of employment
- Basic CPR and First Aid
We take great care of careers.