Public Safety Officer
About the Job
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24
Job Shift: Shift 2
Shift Details: This is for a position at Westport Campus.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Provides security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Operates vehicles in a safe manner. Complies with all traffic safety rules and regulations.
- Informs supervisor of unusual situations or accidents immediately.
- Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure correct balance.
- Maintains accurate logs per policy regarding activity documentation.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Security Professional obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- 1 year experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.