DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. Backus is home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and is the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. The Hospital delivers and coordinates a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of its communities.
Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
- Evaluate and manage psychiatric disorders
- Coordinate appropriate follow up care, referrals, and case management
- Performs crisis intervention and medication management
- Develop and implement long and short range treatment plans
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow up care
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system
- Work in collaborative practice with Psychiatrist
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Exceptional training for both recent graduates and experienced practitioners
- Extremely competitive salary
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Master’s program required
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- National Board Certification as an Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Preferred 1+ years of experience working as an outpatient psychiatric nurse practitioner
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.