DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant – General Neurology/Epilepsy
Work where every moment matters
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare (HHC) Headache Center is dedicated to excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of people with headache disorders, to advancing current knowledge of headache through research and to moving scientific advances into clinical practice. We aspire to help our patients minimize their pain and optimize their ability to function in a patient-centered environment.
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Role Scope
- Assess, diagnose, and help manage neurological disorders, including Epilepsy, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, migraines, along with other conditions.
- Gain expertise in prescribing medications used for preventive and acute treatment of varies neurological conditions.
- Become skilled in performing Botox and Occipital Nerve Blocks.
- Utilize the telemedicine program to evaluate and care for patients who live remotely through virtual visits.
- Assist in case reviews in addition to preparing and presenting lectures
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Un-paralleled training and experience collaborating with a national leader in general and Epilepsy medicine.
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
We take great care of careers
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Neurology experience as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner preferred
- A strong desire to learn general neurology and Epilepsy