DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Availability 7am-7pm Mon-Thurs 7am-430 on Fridays
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 40 outpatient locations offering physical, occupational, and speech therapy, in specialties including orthopedics, neuroscience, oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, vestibular, and more. We are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
Hartford Healthcare is seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) for its outpatient locations across the Central region. Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) assists in performing assessments, determining, revising and implementing treatment plan in order to identify, prevent, remediate and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain, with emphasis on physical dysfunction. The Physical Therapy Assistant utilizes treatment skills and tools in order to measure and assess patient needs, therapeutic application of physical agents, exercise and other procedures to maximize the patient's functional independence.
- Provides physical therapy interventions under a plan of care written by a physical therapist
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing techniques and skills as appropriate for the patient population
- Documents treatment interventions
- May coordinate activities of rehab aides, students and other support personnel
- Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for services
- Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of the department. Meets productivity targets
- Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for patients, guests and co-workers
- Candidates must be able to float to all outpatient locations in Southington, Plainville, Newington, Bristol, North Haven and New Britain
- Graduate of Physical Therapy Assistant Program from an accredited American Physical Therapy Association school, Associates degree required.
- Connecticut registration required
- Strong communication skills
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide career advancement and continuing education opportunities, and a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.