DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital
The Pharmacy Department at MidState Medical Center consists of Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists who work together in a collaborative team environment meeting the needs of our patients.
Pharmacy Technician Apprentice trains to assist Pharmacists in the preparation, dispensing and distribution of sterile and non-sterile medication throughout the hospital. The training program will include but, not be limited to the following:
- Under direction and supervision assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
- Under direction and supervision performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill lists.
- Under direction and supervision restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
- Under direction and supervision prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
- Under direction and supervision positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• High School Diploma required or equivalent.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.