DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
IGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Coordinates nursing activities and resources within clinical specialty or department.
• Coordinates staff scheduling and educational/development activities. • Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care. Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of quality assurance and/or improvement initiatives.
• Serves as resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
• Monitors departmental compliance with regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Utilizes efficient decision making and problem solving to ensure quality service and promote patient and employee satisfaction.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide both direct and indirect patient care appropriate to patients served in order to achieve desired outcomes for the patient with consideration of age and cultural differences.
• Communicates effectively with peers and interdisciplinary team to achieve desired outcome for patient.
• Responsible for assisting management in operational activities of the department, development of nursing staff advancement of contemporary safe evidenced based nursing practice.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained
prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job
• Three years nursing experience required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.