DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Join the Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare has opportunities for BC/BE Neurologists to join our team of Neurohospitalists at St. Vincent’s Medical Center (SVMC) in Bridgeport, CT is a 473 bed tertiary, academic center located on the scenic CT shoreline. SVMC is a Joint-Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and is developing advanced Stroke Care including Endovascular Thrombectomy, and the treatment of complex hemorrhagic stroke.
Highlights of the Neurohospitalist position:
As a Neurohospitalist with experience treating stroke patients (Vascular Neurology fellowship preferred) you will provide consultations and management for patients in the ED and the Inpatient Units, and will see patients in the Stroke follow up clinic.
- Inpatient coverage including a share of evening call coverage.
- Limited outpatient coverage in the Stroke follow up clinic
- Stroke clinic is part of a transitional care model with support from a stroke nurse navigator and APPs.
- Opportunity to provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for our residents, students, fellows, and advance practice providers if desired.
- Comfort with acute stroke care is essential, including treatment decisions for thrombolytics and Endovascular Thrombectomy.
- Actively participate in neurology didactic sessions, attendance at Grand Rounds and other teaching lectures as appropriate including monthly Neurohospitalist Lecture Series.
- May participate in other activities such as clinical research, active STROKENET and industry sponsored trials, quality improvement, patient experience initiatives, resident and faculty interviews, and lectures to professional or public audiences – as agreed upon with the faculty member and the Chair of Neurology.
- Faculty appointment with the Frank H. Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University available.
About Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute:
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a statewide system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache, pain management, neuro-oncology, neuro-ophthalmology, neurocritical care, general neurology and neurosurgery.
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
For additional information and to schedule a 1:1 discussion:
Call, text or email HHC’s Neuroscience Recruiter Clayton Tebbetts at:
860-249-6927 - Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org
Located just 60 minutes from New York City, you and your family can live in the heart of New England’s most stunning and desirable communities, offering nationally acclaimed schools and exciting year-round recreation. Live at the shore or in vibrant urban and suburban communities offering a lifestyle that most physicians only dream about. You will love heading to work and heading home!