DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32
Job Shift: Shift 2
Shift Details: 2nd shift / 3pm - 11:30pm / rotation includes every other weekend and holiday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
The Medical Technologist performs, interprets, and correlates clinical laboratory tests by following protocols to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment. You are expected to utilize complex problem solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems. Reports to: Division/Section Supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or Related Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology).
- MT/CLS (ASCP or equivalent) certification or eligible.
- Previous Medical Technologist work experience in a clinical laboratory setting OR participation in a clinical laboratory rotation through a Medical Technology educational program.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate high level of problem solving.
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, physicians, co-workers and hospital staff.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and instruments where appropriate.
- Proficient computer skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.