Hospitalist - Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Permanent Night
About the Job
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 3
Shift Details: Permanent Night
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. The Hospital Medicine Department at St. Vincent’s Medical Center is dedicated to caring for acutely ill, hospitalized patients. The Hospitalist Service at St. Vincent’s is available to patients whose primary care provider or specialist has requested its services, or to patients who present at the Emergency Department and require hospitalization.
Advanced Practitioner Hospitalist Role Scope
The Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant is responsible for inpatient clinical management of patients, assuring timely communication and comprehensive collaboration, to ensure patient medical needs are met. Responsibilities include:
- Rounding on units throughout the hospital which include, but are not limited to, observation, acute rehab, and behavioral health for medical consults only. The ICU’s are closed.
- Providing acute internal medical care to patients as requested by the patient’s primary care physician (PCP) or specialist, or by Emergency Department (ED) physicians when an ED patient is admitted to the hospital and has no PCP
- Referring patients to a primary care physician upon discharge if they do not have one
- Providing internal medicine consults to various subspecialty providers
- Contributing to the delivery of positive outcomes by implementing quality hospital initiatives that address and improve patient safety, readmission rates and hospital efficiency
Schedule – Permanent Night (5pm-5am)
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- A schedule that is Days Only with no night rotation required
- A cohesive, well tenured team that will provide a thorough orientation
- Supportive attending physicians
- The opportunity to practice with higher acuity patients, if desired
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification, or eligible to be certified, as a Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Care Board Certification required for Nurse Practitioners
- Hospitalist experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.