DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Per diem Monday-Sunday 7:30am-4pm. Rotating weekends
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Performs diagnostic electrocardiograms (EKGs).
• Attaches, connects, and operates electrodes from specified body areas to leads from electrocardiograph machine.
• Reviews patient's record and instructs patients prior to procedures. Monitors patient during procedures and reports any abnormal findings.
• Identifies and corrects for artifacts. Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
• Maintains EKG equipment and supplies.
• Performs or assists with all diagnostic cardiology testing and related procedures.
• Maintains general inventory necessary to perform duties.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic monitor interpretation skills and must pass dysrhythmia class within 6 months of hire required.
• One year healthcare environment or certified medical assistant required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.