DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24
Job Shift: Shift 2
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, provides safe and appropriate basic patient care in order to assist in the delivery of care to patients supporting a safe and positive patient experience. Includes patient screening paperwork, assisting with patient transport, maintaining supplies, and providing general clerical assistance to patients and staff.
- Assists patients and Diagnostic Imaging staff during procedures by helping to position patients, helping patients dress/undress, and answering routine patient questions.
- Observes patients and reports changes in patient condition to appropriate department staff.
- Assists technologists in the day to day operations of the department by maintaining supply levels in rooms, and operating and monitoring equipment to reduce downtime.
- Appropriately maintains exam rooms, supplies and equipment according to performance standards. Ensures room is in order and restocks supplies after patient procedures.
- Coordinates patient procedure times and patient flow with appropriate staff times and reviews appropriate documentation for completeness.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the operational requirements pertaining to established imaging protocols to ensure that patient preps, orders, pre-certs, consents, questionnaires, histories and protocol sheets are completed accurately to ensure quality procedure outcomes.
- Provides necessary patient information to Diagnostic Imaging staff.
- Assists with filing and collating images, inputting patient information into system, collecting and filing documents and patient files, copying/printing images, digitizing images and other related duties as required
- Assists with transportation of patients.
- Maintains annual health stream. Participates in the department quality, safety and compliance initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous clerical or patient care experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Maintains infection control policies related to patient care
- Works efficiently as a team member both within and across clinical settings to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.